SQL Reporting Services with CRM 4 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I am battling to resolve a problem am having in CRM 4. I have a custom Opportunity Entity which has levels (O - 5) of an opportunity. I have created a report in SSRS to retrieve these levels. What needs to happen is that if a user pulls the report in week1 and an Opportunity (ABC Corp) is at level 2, and the user come back in week 2 and pulls the report again, Updated. Now if Opportunity (ABC Corp) has moved up a level, down a level or still at the same level, these are the colors that i need (ABC Corp) to change to.

Moved Up a Level       = it should change color to "DARK GREEN",
    Moved Down a Level   = it should change color to "DARK BLUE" and
    Still at the same level = it should change color to "RED"

Can anyone assist me with this?

Rgds
    BloodDiamond.
    Thursday, October 2, 2008 6:30 AM

Answers

• Here's a way to create such an audit trail of opportunity status changes using a no-code workflow:
    http://blog.customereffective.com/blog/2008/03/creating-audit.html

Once you have the data, you can report off of it.  you would need to get the date change of the status in your query, then you could conditionally change the color using an SRS expression on the color properties of the company.

Sunday, October 5, 2008 1:23 AM

All replies

• The first thing you need to do is keep a record of the historical state of the opportunity. There are several ways to do this; one way is to have one date field per level, each of which is updated by client script when the opportunity is set to that level. Another option would be to run process every week to record the current state of each opportunity.

Once you've done that you can write the report to determine the movement over time

Friday, October 3, 2008 7:18 PM
  • Here's a way to create such an audit trail of opportunity status changes using a no-code workflow:
    http://blog.customereffective.com/blog/2008/03/creating-audit.html

Once you have the data, you can report off of it.  you would need to get the date change of the status in your query, then you could conditionally change the color using an SRS expression on the color properties of the company.

Sunday, October 5, 2008 1:23 AM