Drive Extender with PP2 RRS feed

Answers

• I have been away from the forums for a quite a while but came back due to the Drive Extender not migrating data from the primary drive to empty secondary drives.

I found the thread in the PP1 Beta forum, http://social.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/whspowerpack1beta/thread/3a3094b1-eb81-400d-9359-fcda1e3ab1f2, regarding the DE only moving data when the free space on the primary drive gets below 10%.

Has this been resolved in PP2 or is there a fix on the way?

Any info is appreciated, thanks
    Chris

There is no "fix".  It's working as designed.  DE no longer moves data unless absolutely necessary.
    • Proposed as answer by kariya21Moderator Saturday, June 27, 2009 7:14 PM
    • Marked as answer by ChrisDodd Sunday, June 28, 2009 11:00 AM
    Saturday, June 27, 2009 7:14 PM

All replies

• I have been away from the forums for a quite a while but came back due to the Drive Extender not migrating data from the primary drive to empty secondary drives.

I found the thread in the PP1 Beta forum, http://social.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/whspowerpack1beta/thread/3a3094b1-eb81-400d-9359-fcda1e3ab1f2, regarding the DE only moving data when the free space on the primary drive gets below 10%.

Has this been resolved in PP2 or is there a fix on the way?

Any info is appreciated, thanks
    Chris

There is no "fix".  It's working as designed.  DE no longer moves data unless absolutely necessary.
    • Proposed as answer by kariya21Moderator Saturday, June 27, 2009 7:14 PM
    • Marked as answer by ChrisDodd Sunday, June 28, 2009 11:00 AM
    Saturday, June 27, 2009 7:14 PM
  • Damn that's a shame, I liked the way it moved the data away from the primary drive. I know a lot of people didn't like their WHS balancing all the time so I guess this was the solution.
    Sunday, June 28, 2009 11:03 AM
  • Damn that's a shame, I liked the way it moved the data away from the primary drive. I know a lot of people didn't like their WHS balancing all the time so I guess this was the solution.

I guess I should clarify: when you add data, it will not go to the primary drive unless that is the only drive left with free space.  So normally, you won't have data there anyways.  If it's really that big of a deal to you, you could always determine which data is on your primary drive, move it from your server, then move it back.  It will automatically go somewhere else other than your primary drive.
    Sunday, June 28, 2009 3:23 PM