Where's Home Page Protection ? RRS feed

• Question

• I thought Wloc protected against websites changing home pages automaticly?

I came across a site that did just that and boy I was Miffed  

Friday, December 14, 2007 3:37 PM

Answers

•  

Unfortunately, that is not a part of OneCare. It is part of Defender, but it hasn't been ported into OneCare at this point.

-steve

Friday, December 14, 2007 6:02 PM

All replies

•  

Unfortunately, that is not a part of OneCare. It is part of Defender, but it hasn't been ported into OneCare at this point.

-steve

Friday, December 14, 2007 6:02 PM
  •  Stephen Boots wrote:

-steve

I think that's funny up to this point they put all these stupid annoying things like the screen saver thing but when it comes to monitoring and defending the computer from the real intrusion threat wloc does nothing. I just installed Linksys Advisor it alerts if something suspicious going on with the routers security or network. Remote login attempt was detected wrong password so it was denied. But not a peep out of wloc but the linksys advisor went red and had a audio alert some moron was attempting to hack in. There was a security issue. wloc sitting there Duh Duh Doing nothing. when was it going to alert me oh wait that pop up was removed.

Boy I missed the ealier beta builds they worked after a few bugs were fixed they rocked

What happen to the beta builds I thought beta feedback and all that reporting ment something the last build rocked but the rtm 2.0.2500.10 came out all heck broke loose. Now everything is a mess. 

I'm starting to think why wloc doesn't generate a monthly report is because it doesn't want me to know how junky it's running. I just saw the old wloc shut down for no reason bug It didn't even update it just app crashed windows error report flew that makes 50 reports filed since re-install.

How many Error reports does it take Microsoft to realize there's a problem with a build ?

Why am I the only one it appears is having all these issues ?

Saturday, December 15, 2007 10:57 AM