The Restore Point could not be created 0x8004230C RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

The restore point could not be created for the following reason:

Shadow copying the specified volume is not supported. (0x8004230C)

Please try again.

Click Start, then open control panel and switch to classic view then open the administrative tools then double click on the services.At the list of services scroll down to Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider. It may have been disabled. If it is disabled simply restart it (Double click it, ensure Start up option is set to Automatic, click Apply then Start).
     it happen to Me and figure how to fix it hope this helps everyone.

Thursday, March 20, 2008 10:46 AM

All replies

•  

Hey, what a top man you are......that's exactly why mine wouldn't create the restore point - Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider had indeed been disabled in Services - I started it up and hey presto....easy as that! Still, as they say on 'Who Wants To be A Millionaire' - it's only easy if you know the answer!

Thanx for posting.

Sunday, April 13, 2008 11:57 PM
  • Well!! What can I say.  I did a Google search on this and read many of the sites it found.  This one was well down the list (second page) but not one of the others mentioned 'Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider' but most mentioned 'Volume Shadow Copy'.   Your answere turned out toi be the correct one.  Many thanks for this.

Jim

Tuesday, July 1, 2008 8:57 AM