How integrate InfoPath in CRM 2011? RRS feed

• Question

• I need for an organization to integrate forms, for example to request a service the company requires a process by filling out a form.

I thought first to use JScript and xform (formface) but don't like and Microsoft has a product better Infopath.

Has anyone tried to integrate CRM 2011 with Infpath 2007 or 2010 (not Sharepoint)? Could it be? How do it?

Thanks

Note: The integration is for view and fill in browser the form no for download.
    Thursday, July 7, 2011 8:04 PM

Answers

All replies

• There is no way out of the box to do this as there is in sharepoint.  In infopath you can put custom code behind your forms to include creating web references.  This could be used to push/pull data to/from CRM via infopath forms by using web services and custom .NET code.  To host them in CRM you would probably have to expose them through an iframe or something but still have them hosted in Sharepoint.
    Jamie Miley
    Check out my about.me profile!
    http://mileyja.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!
    Thursday, July 7, 2011 8:11 PM
  • Thanks for the reply, but the problem I see to use Sharepoint is the need to store elements of a CRM solution (the infopath form) in another system where it would be difficult (in duplicate) to maintain access and safety.

Do you know of a Product Development Partner plug-in or library. NET for displaying a file. Xsn in Internet Explorer?

Regards,

Miguel Angel Portillo

Thursday, July 7, 2011 8:58 PM
  • Sharepoint does that.  You would have to host the form in sharepoint and display it through sharepoint in a CRM iframe or somethign to that effect to integrate the infopath UI in CRM.

You can push and pull data to and from CRM though by adding custom code behind the infopath forms in infopath.

Jamie Miley
    Check out my about.me profile!
    http://mileyja.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!
    Friday, July 8, 2011 1:47 PM