E-Mail Router Configuration RRS feed

• Question

• Searched for this but can't find how to configure the e-mail routing correctly:

I have a common AD service account called customersupport@mydomain.com .  This account has an exchange mailbox. 

1. When customers send us e-mail with questions, they send to this above e-mail address. 
    2. If there is a CRM tag on the subject, I want the email to be attached to the appropriate Case/Contact/Account/etc
    3. If there is NOT a CRM tag on the subject, I want it to be routed to a queue

When e-mail is sent FROM CRM users, I want the FROM and REPLY TO address to be this same address.

How should I configure e-mail routing for this scenario?

Wednesday, November 3, 2010 7:38 PM

Answers

• Hi Chris, you cannot setup crm to send every email from that account. there is no setting like that.

But you can do is create a queue and assign thet email address to the queue?

choose  "convert all in comming options to email activities" the queue.

By default who ever is sending an email, email's  "from field" is filled with user.

there are 2 option

1. ask your user to choose the queue for the "from field".

2. write the javascript on form load of the email activity to filled the "from field" with the queue.

you need to give your users permission to send email on behalf of other users.

I hope it helps.

Amreek singh Senior CRM Consultant CDC Praxa Sydney, Australia http://mscrmshop.blogspot.com
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Thursday, November 4, 2010 5:41 PM
    Wednesday, November 3, 2010 11:15 PM
  • Amreek is correct. Putting the below javascript in your email form on-load should get you started if you decide to take that route. You could also add logic to set the sender to a different queue based on user/team/business unit etc.

if (crmForm.FormType == 1 || crmForm.FormType ==2) //new or reply
    {
     var queueId = '26C4C117-2501-DF11-8BA1-001211111041'; //Guid of the queue
     var queueName = 'Support'; //Name of the queue
     var lookup = new Array();
     var lookupItem = new Object();

lookupItem.id = queueId;
     lookupItem.name = queueName;
     lookupItem.typename = "queue";
     lookup[0] = lookupItem;
     crmForm.all.from.DataValue = lookup; //set the sender
    }

Neil - My CRM Blog
    Wednesday, November 3, 2010 11:26 PM

All replies

• Hi Chris, you cannot setup crm to send every email from that account. there is no setting like that.

But you can do is create a queue and assign thet email address to the queue?

choose  "convert all in comming options to email activities" the queue.

By default who ever is sending an email, email's  "from field" is filled with user.

there are 2 option

1. ask your user to choose the queue for the "from field".

2. write the javascript on form load of the email activity to filled the "from field" with the queue.

you need to give your users permission to send email on behalf of other users.

I hope it helps.

Amreek singh Senior CRM Consultant CDC Praxa Sydney, Australia http://mscrmshop.blogspot.com
    Wednesday, November 3, 2010 11:15 PM
  • Amreek is correct. Putting the below javascript in your email form on-load should get you started if you decide to take that route. You could also add logic to set the sender to a different queue based on user/team/business unit etc.

if (crmForm.FormType == 1 || crmForm.FormType ==2) //new or reply
    {
     var queueId = '26C4C117-2501-DF11-8BA1-001211111041'; //Guid of the queue
     var queueName = 'Support'; //Name of the queue
     var lookup = new Array();
     var lookupItem = new Object();

lookupItem.id = queueId;
     lookupItem.name = queueName;
     lookupItem.typename = "queue";
     lookup[0] = lookupItem;
     crmForm.all.from.DataValue = lookup; //set the sender
    }

Neil - My CRM Blog
    Wednesday, November 3, 2010 11:26 PM
  • Sounds like the outbound email problm can be solved with Javascript.

So how do I setup the e-mail router for the inbound emails to that address so they get sent to the right case/account/etc?

Thursday, November 4, 2010 12:23 PM