none
Unclear instructions when trying to schedule an exam RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying sign up for the MTA 98-366 certification and I am a student. On the certification page, there is an option labled, "Are you a student?" and I selected this option. The link takes me to a page with instructions to apply student status when taking an exam. The instructions are as follows:

1) Sign in with your Microsoft account credentials.

2) On the exam for which you want to register, click Schedule exam.

3) On the Confirm your exam registration details page, ensure that the Job function field displays “Student – Verified.” If it does not, click “Get verified” to validate your status, or click Edit to change your status.

I am already signed in with my student account, which is already verified as a student account. When I click on the link to schedule the exam, which is labeled, "Schedule with Certiport", I am taken to the Certiport website and tasked with entering in information to find an exam center. I did this and found a center to take the exam. I'm instructed to call them to do so.

The thing is, I was never shown student pricing anywhere. And I was never asked on Certiport's webiste to verify that I am indeed a student, ergo I can't be given student pricing, and the instructions on Microsoft's website do not explain what to do on Certiport's website to sign up for an exam.

Also, on another note, when I tried to sign in on these forums with my student account, I was given an error stating that my student account doesn't exist. However, I am logged in on my student account in another tab on the certification pages. What is this about?

Thursday, January 2, 2020 8:31 PM