There is no disc in the drive. RRS feed

• Question

• When trying to burn either a CD or DVD the computer can't find the CD ir DVD and post the message: "There is no disc in the drive!" How can I sort this out?? Many tks!

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 12:36 AM

All replies

• Hi

I am assuming that the drive works when playing a cd/dvd, i had a similar problem with my sony vaio it turned out to be the drive itself for some reason it would work playing anything but when it tried to detect a blank cd/DVD to burn on to it couldnt do it.

sorry i dont have a simple solution

cheers

lee

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 11:16 AM
  • I'm finding I have a problem with this on every PC that I use.  My Western Digital hard drive at home has died and I want to use DVDs to back up various files.  I can get them into the DVD drive folder, but when I say burn I get a message saying "There is no disc in the drive".  This happens with CDs as well.  I have tried on my Sony Vaio at home, my Dell Inspiron at work and the same thing happens.  All I wnt to do is copy files onto a DVD, no conversion, just somewhere to store the files. Surely this must be possible.  What is the point of having the facility to write to CD/DVD otherwise?

Please help - I really don't want to install the Nero suite for such a simple task.

P.S. I'm running Windows XP Pro everywhere.
    Tuesday, February 12, 2008 11:25 PM