high quality counterfeit VLK RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I just received a form letter from David Lazar (Director Genuine Windows) indicating that the software I recently submitted with a piracy report does not qualify for a complimentary WGA kit, as "only high quality counterfeit software qualifies".

I want to appeal this ruling but cannot determine to whom or where to do so.  The good people who answer the phones at RU-LEGIT, or WGA or volume licensing refer me to one of the other two groups in an endless loop.

I contend that I received from my Microsoft Partner a counterfeit of high quality because it installed properly from "real" disks and passed WGA for almost a year, giving the partner time to go out of business after several years and with generally positive feedback on epinions and similar sites.  To me, there was no reasonable way to know or to foresee that the key itself was not legitimate.  And because the key is an essential component of the software, if the key is counterfeit then all of it is by the same logic that a "real" copy of XP burned on a homemade CD is counterfeit.

So... to whom can I appeal my denial by form letter?  Thank you in advance for your assistance... Dave

Friday, March 9, 2007 10:00 PM

Answers

• Dave,

We have a report from a Mr. Eckel on file for Volume License Key media. Is this the Counterfeit Report that you would like to appeal? CRID: KS75-IWQC

Stuart

Monday, March 12, 2007 5:49 PM

All replies

• Dave,

We have a report from a Mr. Eckel on file for Volume License Key media. Is this the Counterfeit Report that you would like to appeal? CRID: KS75-IWQC

Stuart

Monday, March 12, 2007 5:49 PM
  • Hello Stuart,

Thank you for the reply!  That is indeed my counterfeit report.  Please let me know how to proceed. 

Best regards, Dave

Tuesday, March 13, 2007 4:05 AM
  •  

I purchased and received a Genuine Windows XP  Cd from Mr.David Lazar who promised in a cover letter to me to send the product key to my Email address.

Nearly two months have passed and I can neither get the product key nor contact MR.DAVID LAZAR.

Seems as if I am dealing with a ghost.My $149:00 is wasting since I cannot install the CD without the product key.

Will somebody help me out there.

Danesh Maragh 

Monday, June 4, 2007 8:37 PM
  • Hi Danesh,

When I purchased a copy of XP Pro for $149 through Windows Genuine Advantage I received a working product key immediately via email.  I was able to change at once the key on a (declared illegitimate) copy of XP Pro, and the nasty messages about software piracy ceased.  The CD that followed days later had a certificate of authenticity sticker on the outside of the envelope and the key was printed on the enclosed packing slip.

If you are not receiving email that you think you should, I would double check the email address you submitted along with your $149.00, and also make sure that your ISP hasn't put in a spam filter without telling you.  If you go into webmail you may have a folder of suspected spam in which useful messages have been ensnared.

My original post on this thread regarding how to contact Mr. Lazar has not resulted in any useful information, I regret to say.

I hope this is of assistance.

Best regards,

Dave 

Tuesday, June 5, 2007 4:35 PM