Conection problems help "you cannot connect to your server Check your network connection and server power on" RRS feed

• Question

• Last Friday my server icon was red so I logged on to see what was going on it said it had an up date to install so told it it could (248mb) aftre that I have not been able to log on to the server I get an error message saying "you cannot connect to your server Check your network connection and server power on" Now I can click on the Shared Folders on Server icon on my desk top ans access my photos and stuff on server so I know it is powered on.  I have went in to the program files an to the Discovery.exe and get an network error message ant Ideas? Every thing was working perfect till I did the 248mb update. Thanks For your help
    Thursday, May 7, 2009 12:15 AM

All replies

• Last Friday my server icon was red so I logged on to see what was going on it said it had an up date to install so told it it could (248mb) aftre that I have not been able to log on to the server I get an error message saying "you cannot connect to your server Check your network connection and server power on" Now I can click on the Shared Folders on Server icon on my desk top ans access my photos and stuff on server so I know it is powered on.  I have went in to the program files an to the Discovery.exe and get an network error message ant Ideas? Every thing was working perfect till I did the 248mb update. Thanks For your help
    Thursday, May 7, 2009 12:04 AM
  • Try restarting your server.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, May 7, 2009 12:27 AM
  • I forgot to mention that I tried to re start the server I have just pushing the power off 1 time and letting it shut down by itself is that correct since? I can not log in.
    Thursday, May 7, 2009 12:31 AM
  • I also have my printer hooked to the server and can print no problem just can not log on to the server.
    Thursday, May 7, 2009 1:10 AM
  • Hi,
    did you try a reboot of both client and server?
    Sometimes it is that easy, especially, if certain services are not started.
    If you log in locally you can also take a look into the event log for error messages and warnings and if there is enough free disk space on drive C:.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Thursday, May 7, 2009 12:14 PM
  • Can you ping your server by name? By IP address? Can you log in if you connect keyboard, mouse, and monitor to your server and do so locally?
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, May 7, 2009 5:23 PM