disabling CRM from Exchange 2003 RRS feed

• Question

• I inherited a network with MS CRM 3.0 installed on a dedicated CRM server and the Email Router on the 2003 Exchange server.  This product isn't being used by anyone currently BUT I have a crm mailbox that is getting hit with emails from former users of the CRM system.  How do i remove the users from this CRM system?  I have uninstalled the email router but the emails still persist to be delivered to this mailbox.  I can't find anyway to do it through AD nor in Exchange.

If I shut off the CRM server, users get undeliverable emails messages.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Thursday, July 15, 2010 8:04 PM

Answers

• In CRM 3.0, Incoming messages are processed by Exchange Server and the Router in the following sequence:
    1. When a message arrives, Exchange Server processes it by placing it in the Microsoft CRM user’s mailbox.
    2. A rule in the user’s mailbox sends a copy of the message to the Microsoft CRM mailbox.
    3. The Router retrieves the messages from the Microsoft CRM mailbox and sends them to the computer running Microsoft CRM Server.

If you turn off the rules in the users' mailboxes, I believe that will solve your issue.

According to the CRM 3.0 Implementation guide:

Uninstalling the Microsoft CRM-Exchange E-mail Router does not delete the message rules that were placed in each Microsoft CRM user’s mailbox. These rules must be deleted from each user’s inbox manually.

Phil Edry – Altriva Solutions – Solution Developer

• Edited by Phil Edry Thursday, July 15, 2010 10:56 PM Previous Edit Put Signature In Middle Of Post
    • Proposed as answer by Phil Edry Thursday, July 15, 2010 10:56 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Friday, July 16, 2010 3:36 PM
    Thursday, July 15, 2010 9:34 PM