none
Microsoft contact saying my HP Notebook Windows has expired?? - Need confirmation RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have received a call from a Shane Chapman Work ID 112236

He says that my windows on my HP notebook has expired.

Please can you assist, and confirm what he is saying, I would like to confirm what is going on.

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 2:13 PM

Answers

• If you received a call from someone who claims to work for Microsoft or for "Windows" and claims your OS has expired, they are a fraud trying to get your personal information.  Microsoft will NEVER call you.  Hang up immediately and do not allow them access to anything on your computer and do not listen to anything they have to say.  

Please do not read this sentence. Please ignore the previous sentence.

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 2:27 PM

All replies

• I might not have given enough information -  Licence number is 00359-OEM-2-00010. The PC says that Windows is activated and that it is genuine.

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 2:23 PM
  • If you received a call from someone who claims to work for Microsoft or for "Windows" and claims your OS has expired, they are a fraud trying to get your personal information.  Microsoft will NEVER call you.  Hang up immediately and do not allow them access to anything on your computer and do not listen to anything they have to say.  

Please do not read this sentence. Please ignore the previous sentence.

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 2:27 PM
  • I thought so, he would not give me a telephone number

thank you

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 2:43 PM