Support Mac Webmasters RRS feed

• Question

• Please make sure ALL of your site functions properly on a Mac. I realize you live and work in a Windows box but some of us prefer to use a Mac and your site is less than perfect on either Safari or Firefox.

Alex
    Thursday, November 22, 2007 5:18 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the response.  I will be glad to notiify the communities team.  I understand they are working on a new version due out some time this spring.   Hopefully they will have corrected many of the issues. 

Cheers

Jeremiah

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 9:56 PM

All replies

• What site functions don't work, by the way? I have a Mac and I'm not sure I've noticed anything with Webmaster Tools that doesn't work right in Safari.

(Do you mean the Communities pages? These look all sorts of weird in Safari. They seem to be fine in Firefox however.)
    Thursday, November 22, 2007 8:24 PM
  • Let us know what isn't working.  We understand that many of our webmasters are using other operating systems and browsers.  We aim to ensure compatibility across the tools for you as well as our Windows users.  If the concern is with the communities page.  Please let us know, we can submit requests to the communities team and the concerns can help to inform our future development plans for our forums as well.

Sunday, November 25, 2007 5:23 AM
  • Sorry I should have been clear what is not working. These forums are almost useless in Safari, in fact I had to get to a Windows box to be able to respond to this post.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 6:57 PM
  • The page renders poorly in Safari, but it can still be used.

Try scrolling all the way down to the bottom of the page when you click Reply from now on. The text box is, for some reason, forced way down the page in Safari.

I know what you're talking about, but the forums are not completely unusable in Safari.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 8:17 PM
  • Thanks for the response.  I will be glad to notiify the communities team.  I understand they are working on a new version due out some time this spring.   Hopefully they will have corrected many of the issues. 

Cheers

Jeremiah

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 9:56 PM