Problems with Import CRM 4.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I hope you can help me. We're testing CRM dynamics 4.0, currently I'm trying to import customers of our ERP product into dynamics. I customized the entity "Firma" (I use the German version) which must be sth. like "company" in the English version.
    When I try to import the data (via workplace->imports->new) I choose the CSV file, the appropriate separator and I hit next. After this I choose "Firma" aka "company" in the drop down menu and I get this error message:

---------------------------
    Windows Internet Explorer
    In Microsoft Dynamics CRM sind zwei Spalten mit demselben Anzeigenamen vorhanden. Ändern Sie vor dem Importieren den Anzeigennamen einer dieser Spalten in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
    OK  

Which says that there are two columns with the same display name and that I should change one of the columns. But here is the problem: I CANNOT find a duplicated display name when I browse through the properties of the entity "Firma". I was looking at the attribute list and changed some display names but this didn't solve the problem.

Can you help me with this?

Thanx in advance.

Regards,
    Markus
    Monday, September 29, 2008 1:49 PM

Answers

•  

Is it possible that the form has been changed in customization but the changes not yet published?

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 9:21 AM

All replies

•  

I think that you must have two display names on the form that are the same.

Even though you set display names on the attribute it is possible to have a different display name on the form.  I think the Import Tool is comparing your CSV columns with the form display names. Check this in customization of your entity.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 6:50 AM
  • Thanx for your reply.

The entity displayed name is "Firma" which is not in the column of the CVS. The display names ON forms you mentioned I cannot find. If I open the entity and go to the point "forms and views" and choose properties within the customized forms there is no entry with "display name".
    Tuesday, September 30, 2008 8:16 AM
  • The problem is not in the CSV.

In Customization, open the entity, click on Forms and Views. Then in the right-hand side double-click on Form.

The form for your entity will open up. The text next to each field is the display name on the form for each field. Check across all tabs that there are no duplicates display names. To change the display name for a field double-click it. A new window called Field Properties will appear. In that form you can change the display name in the Label box.

Hope this helps.

• Proposed as answer by AllanConnolly Monday, August 10, 2009 9:38 AM
    Tuesday, September 30, 2008 8:47 AM
  • Yes, that's what I've already done in the first place. I browsed through all forms and views and all tabs and there are no duplicates within one form. I'm absolutely clueless why I still get this (very vague) error message.
    Tuesday, September 30, 2008 9:17 AM
  •  

Is it possible that the form has been changed in customization but the changes not yet published?

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 9:21 AM
  • Unfortunately not. I published it after every change I did and it's now in its right up-to-date state
    Tuesday, September 30, 2008 9:24 AM
  • Oh well, you were right. I missed on duplicated display name of an item at the main form. But better error messages would definetely be a surplus.

Thank you for your help!
    Tuesday, September 30, 2008 9:39 AM
  • No problem. Glad you found the problem.

I was just about to response to your previous e-mail that I had run out of ideas - but you got there. Great.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 9:42 AM