Refreshing a FancyListView via a timer RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having a problem refreshing the data in a FancyListView using a timer. Refreshing using the toolbar button I added works fine but the timed refresh (using Systems.Timers) seems to mess up the  FancyListView even though it is calling the same code as the refresh button click event. Can anyone give me some pointers as to what I'm doing wrong ?
    Tuesday, June 26, 2007 10:35 AM

All replies

• I use a System.Windows.Forms.Timer which I've placed on my tab control. I then inherited a custom listview from the FancyListView so I could extend it with my own functionality.

Every time the Tick event gets raised I call a method on my listview which will, in turn, refresh itself.

Before it refreshes itself it calls BeginUpdate(), after it's done refreshing it calls EndUpdate().

I haven't experienced any strange behaviour yet, my listview works as I expected it to .

I don't know what you're doing wrong, but maybe this could be of some help to you...

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 11:05 AM
  • Hope you solved this problem. If not, could you please elaborate how the ListView is getting messed up?
    Wednesday, July 25, 2007 3:46 AM