Cannot add another server to Outlook CRM client 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

Our company got 2 CRM servers, CRM Primary (server1) and CRM Secondary (server2) on the same domain.

When im trying to add 2nd server after 1st one i got error:

"Cannot find any organizations on the server".

Both of thease CRM´s works in Outlook, but if theres already installed one of those then i got the error when trying to add another.

Windows 7 Enterprice (64bit), Office 2010 (64bit), CRM Outlook Client (64bit) + Rollup 15.

2nd server installation log:

12:49:19|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ServerForm._testConnectionButton_Click
    12:49:19|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ServerForm.TestConnection
    12:49:19|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ServerForm.TestConnection
    12:49:19|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ServerForm._testConnectionButton_Click
    12:49:19|  Error| Exception : Cannot find any organizations on the server. 
    Try entering the URL again. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator.    
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ServerForm.LoadOrganizationsCompleted(Boolean enableOrgSelection)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ServerForm.<InitializeBackgroundWorkers>b__1(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)

Do you have any solution for that issue?

-Henry T

Friday, January 17, 2014 11:30 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This can happen if your 2nd organization has the same GUID as the first - was the 2nd a copy of the first one?

If this is the case, you'll need to backup the 2nd org and make a copy of it using import organization. This will cause CRM to assign a new GUID.

Hope this helps,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Friday, January 17, 2014 1:11 PM
    Answerer