Backup types, backup cleanup RRS feed

• Question

• I've been running RC1 since about 18 July, and the backups seem to be happening fine. However, if I look at the backups for a particular PC, there is nothing to say whether it is daily, weekly or monthly (which I wouldn't have seen yet anyway), and nothing appears to have been cleaned up - all the backups since 19 July still show. I tried doing a "cleanup now" and all I got was the "this may take hours" message and then nothing seemed to happen - even after many hours. The progress bar showed no progress at all. Am I missing something, or have I hit a problem?
    Monday, July 2, 2007 2:45 AM

Answers

• Backup cleans up backups that you have either marked for cleanup or backups that meet the removal criteria (x amount of weeks / months) that you set.
    Monday, July 2, 2007 5:09 AM

All replies

• Backup cleans up backups that you have either marked for cleanup or backups that meet the removal criteria (x amount of weeks / months) that you set.
    Monday, July 2, 2007 5:09 AM
  • The point I was making is that (a) there is no indication as to whether a backup is a daily, weekly or monthly one, so I have no way of visually judging whether I might want to manually clean it up and (b) when I tried to do a "cleanup now", nothing appeared to happen, even though the "might take hours" message and a progress bar appeared. I am guessing from the reply that I should have marked the ones I wanted to clean up before I clicked "clean up now", but see point (a) above, and also I saw nothing anywhere that told me that is what I should be doing. The help is great on telling you what can happen, but very thin on telling you the implications of what you want to do, and in-depth type information that cannot be gleaned by a close reading of the user interface.
    Thursday, July 5, 2007 10:43 PM