Beta Offer RRS feed

• Question

• Hello there... I've been taking advantage of the Beta special trial offer. However there's a new offer to subscribe but I must clear the current Version off my computer by today. Here's my problem, I live in Vietnam and wasn't able to subscribe to the original OneCare so I was advised to download beta to kill time until it was available in Nam. If I clear now I may still not be able to subscribe and I'll have to run out and buy some other protection, but if I hold on I'll still have some time to run on my offer.

What's the Vietnam siuation?

Monday, December 10, 2007 7:13 AM

Answers

• It is still not available in any additional countries. The 2.0 beta will continue to work for a little while longer. Once they stop providing signature updates, it will turn red and be expired.

You can, however, use the trial for 90 more days at that point from http://onecare.live.com, but I'm afraid that you still won't be able to activate OneCare in Vietnam.

-steve

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 1:34 AM

All replies

• It is still not available in any additional countries. The 2.0 beta will continue to work for a little while longer. Once they stop providing signature updates, it will turn red and be expired.

You can, however, use the trial for 90 more days at that point from http://onecare.live.com, but I'm afraid that you still won't be able to activate OneCare in Vietnam.

-steve

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 1:34 AM
  • Thanks Stephen

I know this may sound stupid "if" it is a stupid question, but I was in the UK recently. Would I have been able to activate it there and continue to use it here, renewing annually from the same Visa. ........... For future reference.

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 2:17 AM
  • It is not a stupid question at all. Yes, you could activate in the UK (or any country where OneCare is available), but either with a retail key or a credit card for that country. If your credit card is a UK credit card, you would not have a problem with renewal. OneCare will continue to function anywhere in the world, and will update, as long as you have access to the Internet. You can reinstall and even install to a 2nd and 3rd PC once you get past that initial account creation that requires you to be physically located in a valid country based on IP address and have you language in IE set correctly for that country/location.

-steve

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 2:52 PM