Windows Home Server Console RRS feed

• Question

• So I installed RC1 on my old dell desktop with a 500gb and 160gb drive on it and 1gb RAM.  All went smoothly.  I then went and burned the iso for the Connector Software and Installed. Everything went great.  My only question, is I don't seem to see anything on my Vista Machine that let's me connect remotely to the Server Console, other than Remote Desktop.  Maybe I'm miss understand some of these threads, but it almost sounds like the console can be used on the networked machine.  Currently I just Remote Desktop to my WHS Machine and use the Console through Remote Desktop.  Is this the only way to do it?  Can someone point me to a place to read up on it? Maybe I'm just not going to the right place, the install pdf/doc don't seem to have those details (or maybe in my excitement I skipped the details Smile

Everything else seems to be pretty straight forward, added users, added shares, and am currently running a backup of my desktop machine, while copying up roughly 100GBs of files.  Trying to copy 500 GBs of data of one external drive so I can then move it over to the WHS machine and add it to "The Matrix"

Thanks

Thursday, June 21, 2007 6:06 AM

Answers

• By your post it seems as though you might have installed the connector software on the WHS server itself????

Hopefully that is the case in which case it is easy to resolve.. uninstall it from WHS and install it on your client pc's...you'll get an icon in your system tray to remote console onto it..

Hope thats it..if not you've got another problem somewhere mate

-G

Thursday, June 21, 2007 7:50 AM

All replies

• By your post it seems as though you might have installed the connector software on the WHS server itself????

Hopefully that is the case in which case it is easy to resolve.. uninstall it from WHS and install it on your client pc's...you'll get an icon in your system tray to remote console onto it..

Hope thats it..if not you've got another problem somewhere mate

-G

Thursday, June 21, 2007 7:50 AM
  • It was a newb issue...I never noticed the little icon show up in system tray... duh...haha.
    Wednesday, June 27, 2007 2:19 AM