Money Sunset 'Reload of Data' RRS feed

• Question

• I've read the Money Sunset info page, as well as a few seemingly related questions on the Forum, and I just would like to verify that I understand what I can and can't do.  I am using a Money 2004 (US version), and I would like to install a Money Plus Deluxe Sunset on my computer, after making a backup (on floppies) and then removing Money 2004.  From what I gather, I will then have the option of 'reloading' all my backup data from Money 2004 into Sunset, and it will convert files (as necessary).  I will then have all of the financial information (checks, investment data, etc.) in Sunset, just as I do in Money 2004.

I would like to have a verification on this point, before I take this action. Thanks.

Sunday, August 7, 2011 11:24 PM

All replies

• If you already have a copy of your money file (*.mny) and a recent backup on other media, continue. Otherwise make those copies. You never know when a hard drive might crash.

You can do what you ask, except that if you are currently getting direct downloads of statements (without browser use) from your credit card or broker, Sunset will not do that. However PocketSense can do the functions used when with Money. If you are doing hand entry and/or web downloads, then Sunset can do that on its own. Your old transactions etc will all be there.

If you install Sunset, it will uninstall Money 2004 by default. Sunset will by default locate and convert your most recent *.mny file. If you were installing on a new computer, then you would need to copy your *.mny over to the new installation.

See Tools->Settings->BackupOptions to adjust settings. Sunset, by default, will keep the latest 4 timestamped backup files, but that can be tuned to your preferences.

Monday, August 8, 2011 12:16 AM