none
Memory Leak Issue /UWF grows Randomly in Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 2019 - out of memory RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

After starting deploying some of my new light clients on Windows 10 IoT Entreprise LTSC 2019, all my users have encounter ramdom reboot and out of memory message when they use it for Citrix without nothing else open.

UWF is enable on the clients, I've try with 4GB and 8GB of memory setting 1024 and 2048 MB amount of RAM for UWF cache. With 8GB and 2048 MB of cache, the reboot are a bit less frequent but still a lot present.

I've try on with my Master for standard computer using Windows Professionnal 20h2, with the same settings on the light clients (exclusion, ram disk, cache) and nothing; Zero reboot.

When i open UWF on the the client with Enterprise LTSC 2019 I see in live the RAM use by UWF growing progressively without anything open on the machine ( in 2-4h the RAM cache take 382MB....) in the other hand with the Windows Professional the RAM cache does'nt grow (keeping 0% used.... with the same state) and using citrix it's the same the RAM cache isn't growing.

Could it be some king of leak memory or incompatibility bad implementation of UWF in Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC ?

Did someone have encounter the sames issues and found a solution ?

Thursday, August 19, 2021 9:45 AM

All replies

• This is the first time I come across such a problem. I will try to study the issue and help you.
    Thursday, August 19, 2021 11:36 AM
  • Thanks, I can provide my installation script and lists of exclusions if necessary.
    Thursday, August 19, 2021 11:56 AM
  • Hello, some progress on my side : 

The RAM cache used by UWF doesn't grow when i doesn't excluded anything on my W10 IoT Enterprise 2019 LTSC, but when i add something, using : Uwfmgr file add-exclusion "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Wyse" or Uwfmgr registry add-exclusion "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender" the cache move.

It's really weird, and i'm not sur I can deployed my light client without any exclusion, how they will get the update and some others settings if I can't set the exclusion recommended by Dell: https://dl.dell.com/topicspdf/wie10_ag_en-us.%20. pdf

or directly by microsoft.

So i don't get it :/

Friday, August 20, 2021 12:27 PM
  • First time coming across such issue, anyways I will research on this for future purposes.
    Sunday, August 29, 2021 5:00 AM
  • Thank-You for the information and links.
    Sunday, August 29, 2021 2:06 PM
  • First time coming across such issue

https://www.fiverr.com/hafiz_gm/rank-your-website-first-page-of-google-monthly-seo-service

Sunday, August 29, 2021 2:07 PM
  • bagai mana cara melakukan seperti itu ?
    Monday, September 6, 2021 12:30 AM