Delay for removing viruses RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi Experts

When OneCare AntiVirus found some viruses in my pc, it take more than 20 or 30 seconds to delete it, but another anti viruses such as KAV, NOD, ... need less than 1 seconds to delete these viruses ! what is problem?

Best Regards,

Mehrdad

Saturday, August 9, 2008 10:42 AM

Answers

• There is really no problem with this as different scanners just work differently. If you are being infected often enough to use three different virus scanners and notice the difference in time it takes for various scanners to clean files you might check to see that all Windows security patches are installed and you might want to re-evaluate your approach to using the internet safely.

Saturday, August 9, 2008 4:18 PM

All replies

• There is really no problem with this as different scanners just work differently. If you are being infected often enough to use three different virus scanners and notice the difference in time it takes for various scanners to clean files you might check to see that all Windows security patches are installed and you might want to re-evaluate your approach to using the internet safely.

Saturday, August 9, 2008 4:18 PM
  •  

Hi dear Jim

i don't have 3 avs in 1 pc, OneCare is my laptop anti virus, but when my files was infected it take 20,30 secs for 1 file, and there was more than 100 files, and ....

Saturday, August 9, 2008 6:44 PM
  • There could be many factors that would explain this such as the specific malware being removed, the location of the malware and the hardware capabilities of the laptop. Additionally with over 100 infected files I'm sure everything on the laptop as well as One Care may run more slowly.

Saturday, August 9, 2008 7:31 PM
  • I have Sony VGN-FZ180E, Vista Home, and all avs work fast, i tested KAV before OneCare in my old OS, and after that i restored pc, and now i have OneCare, i love it, but my problems are [ OneCare Speed + it can't repair some viruses like Polip.A] , just KAV helped me about it. KAV is good, but it change OS APIs, and it make some problems for OS Security and Speed.

Sunday, August 10, 2008 7:06 AM
  • If you have a virus that One Care cannot remove you can contact support for help with removal. How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Sunday, August 10, 2008 3:08 PM