Connector Issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Really bugging me this, I have a home built WHS 2011

Everything has been running fine for months and months, I noticed that my server backups were running, but I needed to restore a file, when I tried this I got an error about a service on the server.

I then read about uninstalling the connector on a client and trying again, did this and now I cant install the connector again. I have removed the Net 4.0 as advised in other posts, also removed the software from programs add/remove, looked at a reg key entry that people have suggested and thats not worked either, it gets to the part where it asks the server password and before anyone asks its 100% right...

Any ideas why I cant install connector on my Win7 64bit PC?

Monday, October 17, 2011 11:28 PM

Answers

• Looks like its a reinstall........................................................thanks M$
    • Marked as answer by Tiberium Tuesday, October 25, 2011 6:23 AM
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 6:23 AM

All replies

• Anyone?
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 3:51 PM
  • Cant believe no one has any suggestions on this.

Additional info,

uninstalled Net Framework 4 from the client, then tried the connector from http://server/connect I have heard that getting the server to install Net Framework 4 has solved some peoples issues. It went through the install and got to the password screen for the server added the password and still get the same error (net framework 4 was NOT installed by the server) so I got windows update to do the install of the net framework and tried again, same error.

I have rebooted the client and server many times, nothing, launched dash board and I noticed that LightsOut was no longer monitoring ANY of my other clients including IP devices (PS3, XBOX etc) which I thought was weird, so I scanned the network and it found them all again, but I had to set LO up again manually....

Does it sound like I need to do a reinstall, because this started with me not being able to access server backups (although the backups themselves are running) just cant access them... to the connector not installing to LO settings disappearing......

I can still RDC into the server and find it on the network to search for the folders etc.. and access via the internet

Hope someone can help because something is seriously wrong IMO

• Edited by Tiberium Thursday, October 20, 2011 7:50 AM
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 7:44 AM
  • Guess I'm alone, if I get it sorted I'll post something to at least help others that need it...............

Whats happened to this forum

Friday, October 21, 2011 10:50 AM
  • Too many problems and not enough answer, this is what happened.
    Saturday, October 22, 2011 8:40 PM
  • The thing that annoys me is that Connector used to work fine.....

Its only becuase I couldnt restore a file from a client it was advised by MS to uninstall then reinstall the connector, now its uninstalled but wont INSTALL

So many bugs re this and I have tried everything other than a server reinstall because thats my VERY last resort

Sunday, October 23, 2011 9:10 AM
  • Looks like its a reinstall........................................................thanks M$
    • Marked as answer by Tiberium Tuesday, October 25, 2011 6:23 AM
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 6:23 AM