WHY IS THE FOLLOWING FLAGGED AS SPAM RRS feed

• Question

• I HAVE BEEN A LONG TIME USER/CUSTOMER OF MICROSOFT PRODUCTS. I AM NOT A SPAMER. MY JOB ROLE/TITLE IS System/Data Security for a HUGE CORPORATION - WHY WOULD I WANT TO DO SOMETHING I'M ALWAYS GUARDING AGAINST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HAVE TRIED TO POST - 3 TIMES NOW - QUESTIONS TO THE NETWORKING FORUM, SPECIFICALLY GEARED TOWARDS MY NOVICE LEVEL OF KNOWLEDGE ABOUT NETWORKING PRODUCTS. EACH TIME IT IS FLAGGED AS SPAM, NO MATTER HOW THE WORDS CHANGE, NO MATTER HOW IT LOOKS, NO MATTER WHAT OPTIONS ARE USED.

THIS IS JUST FLAT WRONG!!!!!

NO OTHER WEB SITE HAS EVER FLAGGED ME AS A SPAMMER. NO OTHER WEB SITE HAS EVER INDICATED THAT AT ANY TIME ANY WHERE FOR ANY REASON.

MY ACCOUNT CAN BE CHECKED, YOU'LL FIND I'VE BEEN A CUSTOMER W/MS FOR A VERY LONG TIME, HAVE SUBSCRIPTION SOFTWARE WITH MS, HAVE USED THIS FORUM FOR A LONG TIME, NEVER BEEN DENIED ASKING A QUESTION, SEEKING ADVICE, OR (RARELY) GIVING WHAT LITTLE KNOWLEDGE I'VE GOT FREELY.

TELL ME WHAT IS GOING ON!!!!!!!

TELL ME WHY THIS IS NOT ACCEPTING ANY LEVEL OF MY POSTING!!!

TELL ME WHAT MUST BE DONE TO OVERCOME THIS ISSUE!!!

Jim - Mastiffs are the greatest!

Saturday, July 8, 2017 3:59 PM

Answers

• Only moderators in that forum or forums admins can restore this. I'd send an email with details to fissues [at] microsoft [dot] com so they can investigate.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Saturday, July 8, 2017 4:18 PM

All replies

• Only moderators in that forum or forums admins can restore this. I'd send an email with details to fissues [at] microsoft [dot] com so they can investigate.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Saturday, July 8, 2017 4:18 PM
  • You caps lock key is apparently stuck.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Saturday, July 8, 2017 4:22 PM
  • Actually it was.

The situation though is still extremely frustrating. While I tend to be verbose (long winded) and perhaps I over the top on TMI, I've also been, in the last 45+ years in IT, in the shoes of Client Support/SME/problem resolution (not to mention, executive level leader).

One of the tenants of that career is to always listen. Yet, it was found that the automated response which defines/alerts to spam provides no Customer support options other than a basic YES/NO response. Little things like:

1) Raise to the attention of a moderator. An feature to automate the forwarding of what was posted to a forum such as this, rather than requiring the entire re-type of the questions being raised.

2) Post in a temporary location, associated with the submitter, with a guide as to what prompted the rejection in the first place - it's automated anyway, adding this capability is only a few lines of code.

3) Checking the profile under which the document was posted. See if the longevity of the individual surpasses a threshold, then send an automated alert to them indicating that the topic/posting is of questionable nature, and the "why" it was flagged as such.

None of that appears to be in place nor even thought about. Yet, all of the items shown above are but a few lines of code away.

As a security analyst, executive leader, and in very early days of IT (1974 to be more accurate), it costs so little to provide Customer/Client satisfaction that those companies interested in recognizing Operational Risk, Reputational Risk, Financial Risk and several other key Risk factors add the extra few dollars to add the extra few lines of code to minimize or mitigate the recognized risk posed to a company. - Even multi-billion dollar companies try to keep at least a partial eye to Customer (Corporate and Retail) satisfaction arena.

So, yes, there are key capabilities to ensure that the Customer, while not always right, is at least treated as an adult rather than a child. Offering options, rather than absolutes.

Jim

Jim - Mastiffs are the greatest!

Saturday, July 8, 2017 5:13 PM