Unknown user profile OneCare439711641 RRS feed

• Question

• In Vista Ultimate I've installed SteadyState for a test.

On the same pc i have xp pro and some linux partitions.

After a week, with no retrictions selected, I've found this new user (onecare is my virus protection).

This user profile is protected with a password which i don't know: it isn't administrative one.

How can I

- examine this profile

- delete this profile

without uninstalling Steady State?

Now i try something with other software. 

Monday, July 21, 2008 5:26 AM

Answers

•  

Hi Fario, based on my knowledge, Windows Live OneCare does not create new user after installing it. I consider it is safe for us to remove this account. Let's use the following steps to remove this account:

1.       Click Start, go to Run (or we can use Win+R).

2.       Type cmd and press Enter.

3.       Use the command to remove the user: net user [username] /delete. Since the username is OneCare439711641, the command should be net user OneCare439711641 /delete

Then, let's check if the issue is resolved.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 3:12 AM
  •  

Hi Fario, please make sure that UAC is turned off on the computer, or we can right click on cmd icon and choose "Run as administrator" and use the command to remove the account. Meanwhile, it seems to me the issue is not directly related to SteadyState as these accounts appear under Windows Vista system, I suggest you post the issue to Windows Vista newsgroup under the following link:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Monday, July 28, 2008 5:53 AM

All replies

•  

Hi Fario, based on my knowledge, Windows Live OneCare does not create new user after installing it. I consider it is safe for us to remove this account. Let's use the following steps to remove this account:

1.       Click Start, go to Run (or we can use Win+R).

2.       Type cmd and press Enter.

3.       Use the command to remove the user: net user [username] /delete. Since the username is OneCare439711641, the command should be net user OneCare439711641 /delete

Then, let's check if the issue is resolved.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 3:12 AM
  • I've done, but the answer is

system error 5, access denied.

Yesterday i've had an attach, i think, passwords of my outlook 2007 accounts were deleted, one care was red (account expired - which I know is false), addressbook in outlook 2007 was deleted. Vista Ultimate is my work system.

30 minutes after, I have installed again onecare, which has become green, the passwords were again OK, without having retyped them. No addresses found. No Hijackthis strange message.

Scanning with onecare has found on drive I: were my son uses internet games, with xpPro, in folder Warrock, in the file warrock.exe, VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.AU (no trace on internet - in one care virus list there were 43 obscurator, no .au). Message was: found 1, deleted 1.

Yesterday, after cleaning, my son has used warrock on xp (he uses skype and msnmessenger, too)  and this morning there are 2! new onecare accounts in steadystate, with other number. The old one was absent.

As i've told, I could not delete them.

Now I'm uninstalling steady state, and planning what I can do.

Any suggestion?

Wait, wait, if i uninstall steady state, the problem remains.

Sunday, July 27, 2008 5:43 AM
  •  

Hi Fario, please make sure that UAC is turned off on the computer, or we can right click on cmd icon and choose "Run as administrator" and use the command to remove the account. Meanwhile, it seems to me the issue is not directly related to SteadyState as these accounts appear under Windows Vista system, I suggest you post the issue to Windows Vista newsgroup under the following link:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Monday, July 28, 2008 5:53 AM
  • After two complete searches with onecare, a short passage to norton av 2008, (with hijackthis and ccleaner passages), I've installed again one care and there are no strange accounts on steady state.

I'll save your advices, and stop here with my quest.

Many thanks.

Monday, July 28, 2008 2:06 PM