Campaign RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a campaign with two marketing lists (1 lead, 1 contact) There was only one activity, that was an invitation send as card by an external printshop. now targets start to respond to this invitation, so I track this with the incomming email, which is converted as an Campaign-response. So far so good. I some weeks I want to send an email to all contacts that have not respondet so far. How can I manage this? I was not able to create a new marketing list with only contacts that have no responst. also not when I took the existing marketing list and tryed to remove contacts with an response.

This is imo a normal requirement. How can I manage this?

Thanks,Kind Regards,

Michal

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 7:48 AM

Answers

• Dynamci marketing lists are lists that is constantly evaluated against a predefined query. If you need to update a marketing list as the campaign progresses you should use a static marketing list instead
    • Proposed as answer by Torstein Utne Wednesday, May 11, 2011 12:21 PM
    • Marked as answer by Michal.Tomes Wednesday, May 11, 2011 1:56 PM
    Wednesday, May 11, 2011 12:12 PM

All replies

• Hello Michal,

I'd personally make a custom plugin, a ribbon button and a bit field (flag).

The functionallity would be as following:

- you create the custom plugin for CRM and register it for the campaign entity, update message, async (and the sky is the limit here with what you can programmatically do within the plugin);

- you create a custom ribbon button for the campaign entity (let's name it Send Reminders) and a hidden custom bit field (let's name it new_sendreminders - default value 0 / No);

- button logic: when you click the button, the bit field is set on 1 / Yes;

- plugin entry-point logic: you check if the new_sendreminders value is set to 1 / Yes, then start your business logic (you create the marketing list with contacts who didn't respond, send a kind reminder e-mail, etc.); at the end, don't forget the programmatically set the flag back to 0 / No;

This way, for a certain campaign, when you hit the Send Reminders button, the magic happens (flag field sets on TRUE, plug-in logic triggers and the contacts receive the notifications).

For more details about Workflows & Plug-ins for CRM 2011, please take a look at the CRM 2011 SDK samples, available for download here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=420f0f05-c226-4194-b7e1-f23ceaa83b69.

Hope this helps. If you have further questions, please ask.

Cornel Croitoriu - Senior Software Developer & Entrepreneur

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Biz-Forward.comCroitoriu.NET

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 8:54 AM
  • Hi

I was not able to create a new marketing list with only contacts that have no responst. also not when I took the existing marketing list and tryed to remove contacts with an response.

Click on "Administer marketing list members", choose "Evaluate members with Advanced Find", and set up a query that searches for contacts which has an campaign response activity which again has your campaign in it's parent campaign field.

Advanced Find can be a bit of a hassle, since you need to find the appropriate related fields in the bottom of a field list with a zillion different fields. Try just searching for the contacts first, befor you evaluate the list members

Your search should be something like this

search for contacts which is related to an activity party, which again is related to a campaign response with your campaign set as parent campaign. Check if you get correct hits, and if you do, Evaluate your marketing list with the same criterias

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 10:20 AM
  • Hi

Ok, that works when I show the results within the query, but then when I add this selection, to a new marketing list, it show totaly wrong members and some of them several times.

what could that be?

Regards,
    Michal

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 11:28 AM
  • There's either something wrong with your selection criterias, or your criteria's nature is of an art that generates several hits for each contact. The underlying reason is that CRMs FetchXML does not support GroupBy. Often, this is caused by custom entities that does not constitute a normalized data model, or that you have mutiple criterias and search hits for each criteria - that causes CRM to return a record for each hit, even if it's already included in the search results.

Try minimizing the search criterias to the absolute necessary

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 11:38 AM
  • The selection seems to be ok, as the result shown is correct. it works also when i remove contacts with this query from an existing marketing list, but not as an dynamic marketing list or a view
    Wednesday, May 11, 2011 11:56 AM
  • Dynamci marketing lists are lists that is constantly evaluated against a predefined query. If you need to update a marketing list as the campaign progresses you should use a static marketing list instead
    • Proposed as answer by Torstein Utne Wednesday, May 11, 2011 12:21 PM
    • Marked as answer by Michal.Tomes Wednesday, May 11, 2011 1:56 PM
    Wednesday, May 11, 2011 12:12 PM
  • yes, and that exactly what I need :-) so this should work as well.

Thanks, for help
    Regards, Michal

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 12:20 PM