microsoft money with windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• updated operating system to windows 10 but Microsoft money will not operate and keeps saying internet explorer 6 needs to be re-installed.  Money was operating fine with Windows 8.1 and internet explorer 11 so why will it not work now as it is still ie11
    Friday, July 31, 2015 10:24 AM

All replies

• I have the same issue....upgraded to windows 10 after the upgrade assistant saying that I had 0 apps that had compatability issues.........and just tried to open money for it to say "requires IE6 to function properly"  press ok and the programme closes, press send error report and money web page just opens up.....

Is there a work around for this yet? I need to access my accounts fairly urgently.

Friday, July 31, 2015 5:09 PM
  • That fix has been described in multiple recent forum posts. You should be able to find it.

Ron

Friday, July 31, 2015 7:56 PM
  • The issue is, is that an official fix?  Will future Windows or IE updates break it again?  Will the registry fix in turn break other programs?

I hope to see some official MS response, otherwise it's back to WIN8.1 for me.

Ed

Saturday, August 1, 2015 11:04 PM
  • Microsoft discontinued support for Money 5 years ago.  There will be no "official" fix for anything associated with Money.  Watch this forum for "fixes" that are developed and shared by your fellow users.

Bill Becker

Saturday, August 1, 2015 11:21 PM
  • Stop logging in to Windows 10 with your Microsoft account.  Instead try the local machine user account log in option.  MS money should function properly.   
    Monday, August 17, 2015 3:00 PM