Vista home premium 64 re-activation RRS feed

• Question

• I bought an OEM version of vista home premium 64, activated it successfully but had to re-install windows after a system upgrade. Now everyday im asked to activate it and when i do it says that its already in use. Indeed i did activate it the first time. Does it mean  i have to buy a new key everytime i re-install it? or is there a problem here? i have already used the windows genuine test and it was all ok. I just did because im sure that some one would have asked me to do it anyway.

Please help!

Thanks in advance

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 9:40 PM

Answers

• Because this forum is dedicated to validation issues, you’ll need to contact outside support for the expertise necessary to troubleshoot your activation issue.  You can do so by posting or searching in the Vista pubic newsgroups, found here: http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.mspx or by following this link to Product Support Services.  Microsoft has a 90 day free support period that starts on the day you first acquire Vista. 

If you bought your computer pre-installed with Vista either from a computer store or an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) like Dell or Gateway, you’ll need to contact them for support.  Thanks!

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 9:49 PM