SyncToy will not pair with portable device folders RRS feed

• Question

• My apologies if this has been discussed (I did search through the forum).. I have an Archos 5 and use Vista. When I plug my Archos in to my computer it shows as a portable device with no drive letter. I can explore the folders on the device but Synctoy will not allow me to use any folder on the device as my 'right' folder for pairing. I cannot find the path of the device anywhere. Does anyone know the solution to this?

ATB,

RT
    Saturday, October 24, 2009 4:53 PM

Answers

• Hi -

I doubt you can do this our of the box. Your Archose 5 device is not being accessed through SMB by Windows Explorer and that is a requirement for SyncToy. I bing'ed this and did not find any software out there that provides an SMB interface to your portable device so it would not be possible.

Thanks
    Deepa
    Deepa ( Microsoft Sync Framework)
    Monday, October 26, 2009 7:17 PM

All replies

• Hi -

I doubt you can do this our of the box. Your Archose 5 device is not being accessed through SMB by Windows Explorer and that is a requirement for SyncToy. I bing'ed this and did not find any software out there that provides an SMB interface to your portable device so it would not be possible.

Thanks
    Deepa
    Deepa ( Microsoft Sync Framework)
    Monday, October 26, 2009 7:17 PM
  • Any ideas on how this could be accomplished?
    Sunday, December 13, 2009 10:29 PM