Transfer Customization to Solution RRS feed

• Question

• We have made quite a bit of customizations in CRM4 and would like to bundle that as a solution in CRM 2011. Is there a way to transfer such customizations into a solution or do we need to redo everything, i.e. recreate entities, reports, server-side custom code, etc?
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 6:35 AM

Answers

• In CRM 2011 you can create a new solution. After you've saved it, you get similar menu items as you have in CRM 4.0 in adding contacts to an account: 'Add New' and 'Add Existing'. To select your customizations to add to the new solution just choose 'Add Existing'. 
    Some extra info: there's quite a bit of information on the internet about solutions and here's a good place to get a basic idea.
    Bertil
    • Proposed as answer by Bertil Deuring Wednesday, June 1, 2011 8:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by hfaun Thursday, June 2, 2011 4:49 AM
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 8:37 AM

All replies

• you can upgrade your CRM 4.0 organization in CRM 2011, and you will get all of your customization then you can create solution with selected customization.

Mahain : My Dynamics CRM Blog
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 6:59 AM
  • Thanks. So in CRM 2011 how do I select a customization that is not part of a solution and then move it into a solution? This is what you suggest, correct?
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 7:59 AM
  • In CRM 2011 you can create a new solution. After you've saved it, you get similar menu items as you have in CRM 4.0 in adding contacts to an account: 'Add New' and 'Add Existing'. To select your customizations to add to the new solution just choose 'Add Existing'. 
    Some extra info: there's quite a bit of information on the internet about solutions and here's a good place to get a basic idea.
    Bertil
    • Proposed as answer by Bertil Deuring Wednesday, June 1, 2011 8:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by hfaun Thursday, June 2, 2011 4:49 AM
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 8:37 AM
  • you can use "Add existing" to add existing customization.
    Mahain : My Dynamics CRM Blog
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 8:48 AM