none
Windows Service upgrade RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

I am facing problem with upgrading windows services created in c#. I am having an asp.net application in which there are few windows services also. I have created web setup for the same application. Now I needed to create installer in such case that if any older version for the same found then it should upgrade the same at client server. I am able to update all the dlls but when it at the line where installer is needed to upgrade exe which is nothing but window services executables ten it is giving me error service already exist. please suggest how can I upgrade windows services also which is included in installer.

Thanks

Nitesh Kumar

• Moved by CoolDadTx Friday, May 5, 2017 3:27 PM Setup related
    • Moved by Stanly Fan Tuesday, May 23, 2017 9:48 AM
    Thursday, May 4, 2017 9:28 AM

All replies

• Hi nitesh,

I suggest you can use the click once to publish your project, which is more convenient and more effective.

And about how to update the windows services, please refer to the following document:

A simple way to update a Windows service (C#)

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Stanly

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 8, 2017 6:56 AM