Ideas on Annotations RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I am looking for some ideas on implementing this. Please advice if someone has gone through the similar requirement.
    Our users are not happy with the way CRM handles Notes because, whenever the user modifies the existing note, it's previous history is lost. Like the user actually entered the note is lost and CRM appends the Note with the modified user's name and time. Also, nobody knows if a note has been deleted by someone.
    So, how to keep track of all the notes and it's modifications? How to show the users(only who wants to see the history) what had happened to the notes of that particular record? Any ideas are welcome and would be of much help.
    Thanks.
    Friday, March 13, 2015 2:58 PM

All replies

• You can activate Audit for notes. After that you can see the changes  from Settings--> Audit --> Audit Summary View

If you find this post helpful then please Vote as Helpful and Mark As Answer. Thanks and Regards, Polat Aydın My blog

Friday, March 13, 2015 3:30 PM
  • In the Audit Summary view, we get to see everything that has audit enabled on it. But the users want to see the changes happened to a note in the form itself. I am trying to build something that reinsert the original note back into the record with a comment like modified or deleted etc.

Thanks

Friday, March 13, 2015 5:20 PM
  • Hi,

We can write plugin to get all the notes specific to an entity by advanced find, and display the same in the notes pane.

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 11:10 AM
  • hi Roxanne,

your requirements can be implemented in a round about way. Or a simple way that users will object.

easy way - remove the write permissions on annotations. Users can create a new annotation if they want to add more information.

slightly difficult way - lock the annotations using JavaScript for edit firm, create a webresource where users can append details to the annotations. This way, users do not have to replicate or trawl through a lot of notes to find what they are looking for.

regards

Jithesh

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 11:26 AM