NoReplyAll question non-commercial use vs. limited commercial use RRS feed

• Question

• Before downloading the NoReplyAll Outlook Add-In from the official page http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/60860f41-88ab-4bb4-8104-765feca9cfed/, there is a Note where you can follow a link under "Read the license". It states that there are "Limited Commercial Rights". When installing the msi package the license Terms are looking quite different -> "Non Commercial Use".... ?

My primary question is, if a customer  can install the Outlook Add-in on his employees Desktops to benefit from the Features delivered by the tool.

Thanks in advance

Juergen

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 2:12 PM

All replies

• The tool was originally licensed for non-commercial use and we subsequently changed that to limited commercial rights, but I complete forgot to update the copy included in the installer to be consistent with the web version, d'oh! I'll do that on the next release, whenever that turns out to be.

Thursday, February 19, 2015 10:05 AM
  • Hi Gavin,

today i had to download the latest Version of NoReplyAll 3.1.4 because our CEO was "wondering" why anybody in the Company can relay his appointments (I´m sure the i´m not the first who is asked this by his ceo! ;-) ).

So now my question...am i allowed to use NoReplyAll for limited Commercial needs or is it still only for non-Commercial use? In the Microsoft Research License Agreement i can still read that it is only for non-Commercial use?! :-(

Thanks in advance

Peer

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=52515

Thursday, July 28, 2016 11:12 AM
  • Yes, "limited commercial use" is fine.

I know I need to update the installer, not only to include the updated license, but also because the research.microsoft.com site has had a bit of a makeover, invalidating the link to the project "help" page within the addin - the rejig has also caused the web version of the updated license to be misplaced too :-| I'll get around to sorting it out when I have some time.

• Proposed as answer by Anonymous0815 Friday, July 29, 2016 6:36 AM
    Friday, July 29, 2016 6:19 AM