WHS won't put Vista Ultimate desktop back to sleep after backup RRS feed

• Question

• The title pretty much says it all. I searched, but only found postings from RC1 versions, not the RTM (purchased OEM copy at Directron) that I have installed. I have a new Vista Ultimate machine that I put into sleep. WHS will wake it up for a backup every morning, but it fails to put it back to sleep. I have the default power-options set. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help! :-)

Thursday, December 13, 2007 11:24 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This has been an ongoing problem for quite a few people. The Connector software is responsible for controlling the Client computers' power state and I think it's very difficult to figure out the exact cause.However, running chkdsk on the client disks appears to help. Resetting the power options also might help. If nothing else, This software will force your system into whatever state you want, it doesn't answer the original problem, but does offer an answer.

Colin

Thursday, December 13, 2007 6:07 PM
  • Thanks for the info. Too bad it's an on-going problem. :-( I will play around some more tonight, looking at your suggestions. It's a fresh install of Vista, on a new motherboard. Perhaps I have something set funny in my Bios.

Thursday, December 13, 2007 6:16 PM