More flexible backup schedule? RRS feed

• Question

• One feature I'd really appreciate is a more flexible/customizeable backup schedule.  I have several pc's for which I don't need daily incremental backups -- one good solid backup would be perfect for my home theater pc and the kids' pc's.  The Connector software and Restore CD work terrific, so I'd like to back up through WHS, but these constant "Network Status Critical" messages bug the bejeezus out of me.
    Thursday, June 21, 2007 1:33 PM

All replies

• I would suggest moving this to the 'Suggestions" part of this forum. 

In RC1, the health of your home network turns to yellow if a PC hasn't been backed in 5 days, it turns to red after 15 days.  You can turn off the health notifications for a given PC as an option of the WHS tray icon on each PC.  You can turn off individual notifications through the WHS Console network health alerts.

A manual backup will suffice in making the alerts go away.

Thursday, June 21, 2007 2:21 PM
  • You're right, that's where this belongs.  How do I move it?  I poked around the faq, but didn't see how to do this.

Oh, and I'm quite pleased that the RC connector has the option to turn off the health alerts.  This feature wasn't in Beta 2, and it's a good one.

Thursday, June 21, 2007 6:15 PM