jobs run forever RRS feed

• Question

• i installed the ccs 2003 eval (build 3790 sp 2) x86_64 (1 hn, 3 cn).  i am attempting to run a job (path command, or dir command, pretty much anything) and the job runs but never finishes.  If i examine the output files stdout and stderr i see the correct output so i know the job is running correctly and has the right permissions.  i even assigned a working dir of c:\ and an input file (even though its never used).

is there anyway to find out why a job is marked running even though it exited successfully?

jason

Sunday, April 13, 2008 8:25 PM

Answers

•  

Windows shouldn't be case sensitive about things, so this is a strange problem.  If you hit it again, I recommend calling product support.
    Wednesday, April 16, 2008 6:30 PM

All replies

• What settings did you put on your job?  If you marked "RunUntilCanceled" as True that could be the problem.

If you don't need stdin you shouldn't put anything there (you definitely won't need it to run dir); I suppose that could also cause a problem.

-J

Monday, April 14, 2008 8:49 PM

• thank you for the suggestions.  in examining closer, i noticed that clusrun /all also hangs.

i figured out what i did wrong.  i had used wdsutil /add-device to populate the names of the compute nodes.  apparently if you use lower-case hostnames clusrun and jobs hang.  if you remove all the lowercase nodes and re-add them with uppercase names everything works.

jason

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 6:10 AM
  •  

Windows shouldn't be case sensitive about things, so this is a strange problem.  If you hit it again, I recommend calling product support.
    Wednesday, April 16, 2008 6:30 PM