Validate Windows XP Home RRS feed

• Question

•  

Dear Sir,

I have been asked to do a clean install of a friends PC but they do not have the media that came with it.

I did not think this would be a problem as I also own a copy of Windows XP Home OEM, albeit a SP2 version.  The problem is, as you probably already know, I have been unable to use the License Key on the COA (side of PC).

To complete the install I used my key but I still have the issue with being able to validate the key.  I realise this is probably to do with the media I have used to install XP Home. 

The COA does not state 'Retail' or 'OEM' it just say NEC on it.  Although it's a Packard Bell machine.

Can you advise me of what to do now?  Do I need to create another XP Home CD with a different PID?

Regards,

Neil

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 2:27 PM

Answers

• Neil,

Your issue appears to be outside the scope of the Genuine Advantage forum. In an attempt to assist I would like to provide some information which may help. Recovery CD’s are specific to your computer manufacturer. Please contact your manufacturer for assistance. They should be able to assist with your request and/or questions. Since the telephone number and web sites are not maintained by Microsoft we cannot make any warranty as to their validity.

I have included their contact information here for your convenience:

http://support.packardbell.com/global/

Also you may want to contact NEC should they provide any technicial support for the system in question.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 8:13 PM