out of diskspace but plenty of diskspace left RRS feed

• Question

• hi i read a topic that was from 2007 but no one ever resolved it but i have 2 2TB drives so it equals really 3.5TBs  i have videos and stuff on them i dont have Duplications on  and i have 1.7TBs free yet trying to copy 300 meg over i get errors that i outta disk space how is this possible and i figure by now since the lasts posts are from 2007 it be fixed by now  i running home server  not the 2nd generation beta 64 bit one,    how  do you fix this issue that i can use all the disk space  up and not get this dance error and i every now and then see sometimes the failing under the console and says  check your disk or something i forget check your disks health how?  but ifi  u like turn on duplication and off its back to being healthy again.  but either way  i still cant figure out why i have 1.7TB free and cant move files around or copy files to my D drive 

Monday, September 6, 2010 3:56 PM

All replies

• cant move files around or copy files to my D drive 
    Just to clarify, are you moving files to WHS default shares or did you map you're D drive manually?
    Monday, September 6, 2010 5:30 PM
  • i just have 4 drives in my computer and moving or copying files after  a while i wait i can copy files but then it stops working and i cant again  its weird

no mapped drive its all on the same drive

Monday, September 6, 2010 5:35 PM
  • Make sure you using the \\servername\ shares to copy to. If you're copying directly to D:, you're probably not getting duplicated or managed by WHS. It will, however, use up the free space on those disks.
    Tuesday, September 7, 2010 6:04 PM