pc hang RRS feed

• Question

• my pc hang every time when i play a game.
    • Moved by litdev Tuesday, October 9, 2012 1:36 AM (From:Small Basic)
    Sunday, August 12, 2012 7:42 AM

Answers

• If this is a SmallBasic program, please post the code you are using.
    Sunday, August 12, 2012 9:08 AM
  • Although this is off-topic, a word of the wise: Scan for viruses, see if Control-Alt-Delete works when it is hung. If there is no fatal error (Blue Screen) and if your mouse doesn't move and the power button does nothing, the keyboard does nothing: chances are, your Power Supply Unit (PSU) has failed. This happened to me around a month ago and I didn't realize this until too late and the thing was smoking and I lost hundreds of dollars of components. Just be careful and approach with caution... I don't want you to have the same experiences I did =)

It could also be the processor or RAM. Try running Prime95 and Memtest86+ to test your processor (CPU) and memory (RAM) if you think the PSU is okay.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 1:02 AM
  • There's actually a forum for that here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/gaming?tm=1349744079211

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 12:54 AM

All replies

• If this is a SmallBasic program, please post the code you are using.
    Sunday, August 12, 2012 9:08 AM
  • There's actually a forum for that here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/gaming?tm=1349744079211

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 12:54 AM
  • Although this is off-topic, a word of the wise: Scan for viruses, see if Control-Alt-Delete works when it is hung. If there is no fatal error (Blue Screen) and if your mouse doesn't move and the power button does nothing, the keyboard does nothing: chances are, your Power Supply Unit (PSU) has failed. This happened to me around a month ago and I didn't realize this until too late and the thing was smoking and I lost hundreds of dollars of components. Just be careful and approach with caution... I don't want you to have the same experiences I did =)

It could also be the processor or RAM. Try running Prime95 and Memtest86+ to test your processor (CPU) and memory (RAM) if you think the PSU is okay.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 1:02 AM