permanent fix? Maleware repair tool? RRS feed

• Question

• Maleware repair tool.  ..This seems to be only a temp fix.  Each time I reboot after running repair tool I get the same 'urgent message' and have to run anti maleware repair tool again--basically everytime I boot the computer.  Running this tool every time I log on is a waste of time--I do pay for this product to protect not infect my pc.  any other suggestions?  I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times to no avail.  Running a virus scan--10 min estimated time--took 2 days this weekend to get 2% complete.  I chat with online tech and he had me uninstall with uninstall tool, them install again--this didnt work.  Call back time was scheduled for mon-fri  11-2pm , and I missed my call back because it was a Sat!!  No one has called me since, nor have I received a response from the email I sent.  please help me.

please.

Tuesday, January 1, 2008 5:55 PM

Answers

All replies

• Due to the Holidays, I suspect that there were no call backs. If you don't hear back from anyone Wednesday, please post your case ID and I'll have someone look into it.

For the long running scan, see if this post helps - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2008959&SiteID=2

-steve

Wednesday, January 2, 2008 2:25 AM
  • Turning off 'Peer to...' program in Admin/services and running Anti maleware repair tool fixed the problem! Onecare starts up and runs scans successfuly.

Thanks again. 

Friday, January 4, 2008 9:34 PM
  • Excellent! Thanks for reporting the solution back.

-steve

Saturday, January 5, 2008 3:05 AM