USB Device Not Recognized Message RRS feed

• Question

• I started getting this message two months after we installed a new printer.  None of the usb ports worked.  I took my computer into Staples.  They ran a diagnostic test on the computer.  They said that everything was fine except  that I had a couple of viruses.  They removed them.  I brought the computer home; everything ran fine until a couple of weeks ago and the usb device message stating that one of the devices attached to this computer had malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it.  Is my daughter downloading things on her ipod that causes this malfunction?  Could there be a virus that onecare cannot detect?  I have done everything in the device driver; everything looks good.  I really do not want to take it back in to have the viruses removed or is the problem with the printer?  HP troubleshooter tells me the printer is fine.  The problem is with the computer.  I have Windows XP.
    • Edited by Murphski Thursday, July 30, 2009 8:44 PM
    • Changed type JimR1Moderator Thursday, July 30, 2009 9:57 PM
    • Moved by JimR1Moderator Thursday, July 30, 2009 9:58 PM Off topic. (From:Windows Live OneCare Anti-Virus)
    • Moved by JimR1Moderator Thursday, July 30, 2009 10:03 PM (From:Windows Live OneCare – Off Topic)
    • Changed type JimR1Moderator Thursday, July 30, 2009 10:04 PM
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 8:21 PM

Answers