Need a solution to overcome a limitation on hiding the fields under a tab. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Can anyone please help me to achieve the below requirement in CRM 2015?

I have a form with multiple tabs like Tab1, Tab2, Tab3.....The form shows only Tab1 expanded and all other tabs collapsed by default.

Requirement: There are some fields under a tab (suppose Tab3) which I need to hide/show based on the business requirements. I have tried with 2 solutions but either of it not mapping to my requirement.

Solution1:  I have added respective function(hide/show based on dependent fields in the same tab) on OnChange and OnLoad events.

Issue: It is hiding the entire row by default. For example, I have 2 fields in a row say Field1, Field2 and JS is written to hide/show Field2 based on Field1(Two Options). It is hiding both the fields in the row OnLoad rather it should only hide Field2. Assuming this is a product issue. 

Solution2: I have added respective function(hide/show based on dependent fields in the same tab) only on OnChange event by checking the condition if the tab is expanded, perform the action.

Limitation: The fields are not hidden by default and it will work accordingly only after I do some modification in the respective field. I need the fields to be hidden by default with out doing any modification on Field1.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Sri.

Thursday, May 28, 2015 4:03 AM

Answers

• Hi All,

I resolved it by configuring the JavaScript on tab event.

However, the issue mentioned in my first solution is still existing which can be moved to other post.

Thanks & Regards,

Sri

• Marked as answer by K_Srinivas Friday, July 10, 2015 9:43 AM
    Friday, July 10, 2015 9:43 AM

All replies

• Hi,

you can set the field as invisble by default, you will find it in the field properties.

Have you also tried business rules? Would that solve your problem?

Michal

Thursday, May 28, 2015 8:12 AM
  • Hello,

Can you display a sample of your code for Solution1? It's certainly not working as intended. Anyway, as suggested above you should move that logic to Business Rules as its capabilities are enough to perform the requirement.

Friday, May 29, 2015 4:41 PM
  • If you do decide to go the business rules route, see my post about the change in behaviour with Update 1
    Friday, May 29, 2015 4:53 PM
  • Hi All,

I resolved it by configuring the JavaScript on tab event.

However, the issue mentioned in my first solution is still existing which can be moved to other post.

Thanks & Regards,

Sri

• Marked as answer by K_Srinivas Friday, July 10, 2015 9:43 AM
    Friday, July 10, 2015 9:43 AM