Duplication Info Addin RRS feed

• Question

• I loaded the Addin and it works great for me. Very nice, Thank You

My server build is 6.0.1500.0 if that helps.

One thing that is interesting, My SYS drive shows nothing on it. I guess that is correct as everything should be on the other two drives, just seems odd, no checkmarks on the SYS drive.

Monday, November 12, 2007 2:00 PM

Answers

• Odd seeming maybe... it's by design, to quote the Technical Brief for Windows Home Server Drive Extender:

In a home server with three or more hard drives, Windows Home Server Drive Extender will attempt to move all of the files off the primary data partition onto the secondary hard drives to maximize the amount of free space on the primary data partition.

Monday, November 12, 2007 2:49 PM

All replies

• Odd seeming maybe... it's by design, to quote the Technical Brief for Windows Home Server Drive Extender:

In a home server with three or more hard drives, Windows Home Server Drive Extender will attempt to move all of the files off the primary data partition onto the secondary hard drives to maximize the amount of free space on the primary data partition.

Monday, November 12, 2007 2:49 PM
  • At first I thought it wasn't working because it froze the Console while it took several minutes to develop the file list...

A side issue is apparent: the Console window is not resizeable nor can sub-windows be moved beyond the Console borders...makes it difficult to see adequate-width columns for several hds.

Monday, November 19, 2007 4:36 PM
  •  nickeaston wrote:

A side issue is apparent: the Console window is not resizeable nor can sub-windows be moved beyond the Console borders...makes it difficult to see adequate-width columns for several hds.

Good point.  Is there any reason that console window could not be sizeable?
    Wednesday, March 12, 2008 4:21 AM