usbuhci.sys RRS feed

• Question

• I am installing home server on an old CPU and after finished copying files, says "usbuhci.sys is corrupted" and I can only restart, i upgraded to a new harddrive (nont formated yet) and 1gig of RAM (bios did recognize both) and keep getting same result. I am installing from a ISO I put on a dvd from the file from technet  (en_windows_home_server_installation_disc_x86_dvd_x14-24276) could the file be corrupted? the cpuy has no OS so I dont know what else to do, PLEASE HELP i would hate to waste the money on memory and HD for nothing.
    PS: I installed home server on a virtual machine on my main with no problems
    Wednesday, April 1, 2009 3:45 PM

Answers

• that old cpu had an extra USB card that I guess home server did not like, I unplug it and now let me install fine
    Saturday, April 4, 2009 8:47 PM

All replies

• Try a different DVD drive.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Wednesday, April 1, 2009 4:03 PM
  • Another thing you could try is burning a new DVD at a slower speed, you may have experienced an issue there. For some reason WHS has historically been finicky on quick burn speeds. I'm not quite sure why.
    Thursday, April 2, 2009 1:09 AM
  • that old cpu had an extra USB card that I guess home server did not like, I unplug it and now let me install fine
    Saturday, April 4, 2009 8:47 PM