How do you permanently delete trash in the deleted items folder? RRS feed

• Question

• I have over 4000 deleted emails in my deleted items folder. How do I permanently delete them from that folder? Thanks.
    Monday, July 21, 2014 6:20 PM

Answers

• Hello,

If you are talking about the Deleted Items folder in an Outlook client, you probably should ask in the Microsoft Office Community Forums.

Otherwise, I'd probably ask in the Outlook.com forum on Microsoft Community.

In both cases, however, you should be able to right click the Deleted Items folder and select "Empty Folder"

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Monday, July 21, 2014 9:16 PM
  • Right click Deleted Items and select Empty Folder (if it is Outlook you are talking about).

After doing so you can manually compact your Outlook data file to gain back some disk space.

For other mail software check their help documentation.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 8:37 AM

All replies

• Hello,

If you are talking about the Deleted Items folder in an Outlook client, you probably should ask in the Microsoft Office Community Forums.

Otherwise, I'd probably ask in the Outlook.com forum on Microsoft Community.

In both cases, however, you should be able to right click the Deleted Items folder and select "Empty Folder"

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Monday, July 21, 2014 9:16 PM
  • Right click Deleted Items and select Empty Folder (if it is Outlook you are talking about).

After doing so you can manually compact your Outlook data file to gain back some disk space.

For other mail software check their help documentation.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 8:37 AM