none
improve forum web page titles RRS feed

• Question

•  

I often use the drop down arrow next to the Back/Forward buttons in IE7 when I’ve moved a thread from one forum to another. I use those buttons because after moving a thread, I’m taken to the forum I moved the thread to and I want to get back to the previous forum. Hitting the back button doesn’t do that and the navigation ui of the forums doesn’t provide me that luxury when I’m within one forum, so I use the drop down menu. Problem is that the label of each forum starts with "Microsoft Expression Forums" and the rest is cut off and so you can't identify the forum you want in the list of your history.  This is also a problem in my list of bookmarks. So my suggestion is to revise the page titles so they begin w/ the web forum name, not the parent name that all forums share .

Anna

http://blogs.msdn.com/anna | Expression Web l Standards Based Web Authoring
    Tuesday, April 29, 2008 5:21 AM

All replies

• I like it, seems like a pretty easy add that would be useful. I'll put it on our list.

-Andrew

Forums Product Planner, Andrew.Brenner at Microsoft.com
    Thursday, May 8, 2008 4:06 AM
  •  Just to make sure: Please also stop using "MSDN Forums Home" in the titles. It's redundant and not helpful in the default name of a favorite.
    John Saunders
    Monday, June 2, 2008 1:43 AM
  • We're looking at this in the near future. See Sam's post here.
    Forums Product Planner, Andrew.Brenner at Microsoft.com
    Thursday, June 19, 2008 6:41 PM