Cannot Connect to CRM Web Services RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Folks

Hoping someone can help here.

We use Websitepanel to provision CRM Dynamics 4.0 organisations and just recently this is failing to work with the following error in the website Panel application:

- Unable to connect to the CRM Web Services. Please check your connection settings.

On investigation the CRM Web server is throwing a .Net 2.0 error as follows:

Log Name:      Application
    Source:        ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0
    Date:          16/05/2012 18:15:42
    Event ID:      1309
    Task Category: Web Event
    Level:         Warning
    Keywords:      Classic
    User:          N/A
    Computer:     

Description:
    Event code: 3005
    Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred.
    Event time: 16/05/2012 18:15:42
    Event time (UTC): 16/05/2012 17:15:42
    Event ID: 730609d84b174407ad85f0bc134ca174
    Event sequence: 260
    Event occurrence: 61
    Event detail code: 0

Application information:
        Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/2/ROOT-1-129816588679978132
        Trust level: Full
        Application Virtual Path: /
        Application Path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\CRMWeb\
        Machine name:  

Process information:
        Process ID: 2036
        Process name: w3wp.exe
        Account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

Exception information:
        Exception type: CrmException
        Exception message: No Microsoft Dynamics CRM user exists with the specified domain name and user ID

Request information:
        Request URL: http://servername/mscrmservices/2007/CrmServiceWsdl.aspx
        Request path: /mscrmservices/2007/CrmServiceWsdl.aspx
        User host address: x.x.x.x 
        User: domainname\WPServerCRM3
        Is authenticated: True
        Authentication Type: Negotiate
        Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

Thread information:
        Thread ID: 10
        Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
        Is impersonating: True
        Stack trace:    at Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.WindowsAuthenticationProvider.QueryForOrganizationId(String userToken)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.WindowAuthenticationProviderBase.Authenticate(HttpApplication application)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.AuthenticationStep.Authenticate(HttpApplication application)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.AuthenticationPipeline.Authenticate(HttpApplication application)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.AuthenticationEngine.Execute(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Does anyone know how I can fix this. The account exists and the account has been added as a deployment administrator.

TIA

Adam  

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 5:38 PM

Answers

• Hi

The org database was deleted from SQL but the information remained in the MSCRM_CONFIG DB. It is fixed now but I cannot recall what was done in the nd! :(

Thanks for your assistance.

Adam

• Marked as answer by Adam42 Sunday, June 10, 2012 3:00 PM
    Sunday, June 10, 2012 2:59 PM

All replies

• What is the code you are trying to execute.  Either you are trying to work with or retrieve systemuser data for an account that doesn't exist or you are making the call in one way or fashion in the context of a user that doesn't exist in CRM.   Is this a web app in IIS you are calling from?  It would call be default as the IIS app pool security account if you were.

There are a lot of things that can determine the actual context you are executing the call as.

Jamie Miley
    Check out my about.me profile!
    http://mileyja.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!

Thursday, May 17, 2012 2:39 PM
  • Hey Jamie, I cant tell you what the code is executing exactly but it is trying to create a CRM organisation.

Yes it is a web app in IIS that we are calling from and the IIS App pool for that web app is using the account referenced in the event log.

We are running the service provider edition of CRM 4.0 and that account has been added as a deployment administrator. When you add the account as a deployment administrator in Deployment Administrator should that make that account members of certain AD groups?

We have just upgraded to RU19 but still get the same issue. Not sure what else I can try :(

TIA

Adam

Thursday, May 17, 2012 10:47 PM
  • OK so I have fixed this error, however I now get an error stating that the CRM organisation already exists. I looked into MSCRM_Config and saw that the org I am trying to create does already exists. I am assuming here it actually did get created at some point and when I deleted it out from Deployment manager it didn't remove it from the CRM database correctly. How can I get rid of this org from the CRM Config database can I just delete the line in the dbo.organization table for this org?

TIA

Adam

Friday, May 18, 2012 11:27 PM
  • Hi,

Does the Deployment manager show the organization in the list? If so, then you can try delete the organization from there and it should clean up your config db.

Thanks,

Adi.

Thursday, June 7, 2012 10:23 PM
  • My bad,

I just saw that you already ran the delete from DM. So I am assuming it does not show up in the DM list of orgs.

Thanks,

Adi.

Thursday, June 7, 2012 10:38 PM
  • The error you mention leads me to believe that the org database is present on SQL and when you try to create an org with the same name it gives you an EDW error since SQL cannot create a database with the same name as an existing database. You will need to manually delete the database from your SQL Server before creating the org.

FYI: Deleting an org via DM will remove org related data from the MSCRM_CONFIG db but it will not delete the org's SQL database. We do not delete the SQL database during org delete to prevent customers from accidently deleting their orgs and not having the database to re-import.

Thursday, June 7, 2012 10:50 PM
  • As Jeremy mentioned you just need to delete the org database on the SQL server, you don't need to do anything to anything to dbo.organization table or config db. After you delete the org database, simply try to create the org using DM. This will take care of it.
    Thursday, June 7, 2012 11:01 PM
  • First, check the location of the database itself.

After executing a deletion from SQL, go to the path where the DBs were stored and delete them.

Saturday, June 9, 2012 7:29 AM
  • Hi

The org database was deleted from SQL but the information remained in the MSCRM_CONFIG DB. It is fixed now but I cannot recall what was done in the nd! :(

Thanks for your assistance.

Adam

• Marked as answer by Adam42 Sunday, June 10, 2012 3:00 PM
    Sunday, June 10, 2012 2:59 PM