Alternatives to CRM? RRS feed

• Question

• At work, we're evaluating alternatives to our existing CRM installation.  What we don't like about our current implementation is 

- Integration between CRM and Dynamics SL (lack of built-in integration)
    - Process Credit Card payments (lack of built-in capability)
    - Web portal 

Just curious... is there such a software package... with these capabilities built-in?  So we don't have to pay a third-party an arm and leg... everytime we upgrade?  Or everytime.. we have an issue... we may have to deal with multiple vendors... to track down the root cause?

Thanks.

Friday, May 25, 2012 7:16 PM

Answers

• Hello, you haven't stated what your current CRM system is, but I presume it's Microsoft Dynamics CRM (since you've posted on this forum).

As far as I know,

1. No CRM system has a built-in integration with Microsoft Dynamics SL. The market for SL is just too small for any vendor to invest a lot in a built in integration with this one specific ERP. Any CRM system you choose is going to involve a custom integration solution with SL.
    2. Very few have credit card processing features. CRM systems are not often used for order management, so this is more common feature of ERP systems. There are some inexpensive credit card processing add-ons available for Dynamics CRM, like this one: http://www.powerobjects.com/add-on-subscriptions/powerpack/powercharge/ which is $1 per user per month.
    3. Lots of CRM systems have built-in web portals. For example, salesforce.com's Service Cloud has a web portal option. salesforce.com Service Cloud is $135 per user per month, plus extra for the portal. Whereas the basic Microsoft Dynamics CRM Portal Accelerator is free, although you have to pay for hosting and customization.

Or you could replace Dynamics SL and CRM with an all-in-one package like SAP Business One, Business ByDesign or Business All-in-One or NetSuite OneWorld. But then you're looking at expensive migrations, expensive subscriptions and even more expensive third-party services.

Sounds to me like you just need a better Dynamics partner that provides the services you need at an affordable price.

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Slalom Consulting. Find me on Twitter. Join over 20,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

Saturday, May 26, 2012 11:08 PM

All replies

• Hello, you haven't stated what your current CRM system is, but I presume it's Microsoft Dynamics CRM (since you've posted on this forum).

As far as I know,

1. No CRM system has a built-in integration with Microsoft Dynamics SL. The market for SL is just too small for any vendor to invest a lot in a built in integration with this one specific ERP. Any CRM system you choose is going to involve a custom integration solution with SL.
    2. Very few have credit card processing features. CRM systems are not often used for order management, so this is more common feature of ERP systems. There are some inexpensive credit card processing add-ons available for Dynamics CRM, like this one: http://www.powerobjects.com/add-on-subscriptions/powerpack/powercharge/ which is $1 per user per month.
    3. Lots of CRM systems have built-in web portals. For example, salesforce.com's Service Cloud has a web portal option. salesforce.com Service Cloud is $135 per user per month, plus extra for the portal. Whereas the basic Microsoft Dynamics CRM Portal Accelerator is free, although you have to pay for hosting and customization.

Or you could replace Dynamics SL and CRM with an all-in-one package like SAP Business One, Business ByDesign or Business All-in-One or NetSuite OneWorld. But then you're looking at expensive migrations, expensive subscriptions and even more expensive third-party services.

Sounds to me like you just need a better Dynamics partner that provides the services you need at an affordable price.

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Slalom Consulting. Find me on Twitter. Join over 20,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

Saturday, May 26, 2012 11:08 PM
  • Has anyone here completed a CRM/SL (would be using current version of both products) integration via Scribe? I'd be willing to pay well for the DTS's and knowledge transfer.

I have taken a look at a couple of products by ISVs, but spending 10-15,000 for just the software (aside from Scribe) is just a bit too much for us.

Many thanks in advance!

Monday, May 28, 2012 1:15 AM
  • I am primarily looking for the CRM Order to SL Order integration. Having this DTS would be a godsend. 
    Monday, May 28, 2012 10:21 PM
  • I recommend talking with EHTC, a Microsoft Dynamics partner.  They offer both advanced integration and credit card payments for a CRM - SL installation.

Friday, July 13, 2012 11:19 PM
  • Have you seen the services provided by Catalina Technology ? They are specialized in SL and might have something available.

SSIS Tasks Components Scripts Services | http://www.cozyroc.com/

Sunday, November 18, 2012 11:19 PM