Force Lead Conversion to Account + Contact + Opportunity RRS feed

• Question

• We need to configure CRM 4.0 so that a qualified lead is always converted to ALL three entities Account, Contact, and Opportunity. Ideally, there is only a qualify/disqualify radio button, i.e. hide the Account, Contact and Opportunity check boxes and Potential Customer field.

If hidding does not work then at least all three should be checked by default and the user cannot continue if he unchecks any of the boxes (except for Open newly created records).

Any input is appreciated.

Thursday, January 29, 2009 7:20 PM

Answers

All replies

• The only problem I see with that (unless duplicate check has been implemented) is when you get another lead from the same company - it would create duplicate accounts & contacts. We often get leads from other people at the same company & have to go to a lot of trouble to avoid duplicate accounts.

Thursday, January 29, 2009 7:29 PM
  • Duplicate check has been implemented and the described scenario is not very likely for us at this time and for that division.

So how would I go after forcing a lead to always being converted to an account, contact, and opportunity?

Thursday, January 29, 2009 7:34 PM
  • You are going to need to extend the application as modifications to the Convert function are not available through 'standard' customization. 

You will want to research your options using the SDK.  I also included a link to a post by Ronald Lemmen who always has very good advice on code development and extending CRM.  I believe the code is for CRM 3 but you might gain some insight. 

Ronald Lemmen's post

http://ronaldlemmen.blogspot.com/2008/09/convert-lead-to-contact-account-andor.html

SDK

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb928212.aspx

Best Regards, Donna
    • Proposed as answer by Jim Glass Jr Monday, February 2, 2009 9:44 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Monday, July 20, 2009 7:36 PM
    Monday, February 2, 2009 4:20 PM