none
Not able to post flash messages RRS feed

• Question

• flash annousements are given but iam unable to upload a flash file.site giving 404 error.

any body able to upload a flash file for announcement?

Tuesday, May 1, 2007 6:35 PM

Answers

• @ Harish

They were asking for posting the animated files (eg. avertisements). Having problem on uploading the file saying 404 port error.

@ Sarath

Try to post the file as an extensible .swf file or try that as converting to .giff file. I cannot assure but supposing this may be a way.

Regards,

Saturday, May 5, 2007 8:03 AM
  • I am not asking about forums section.I know that here only plain text is accepted as in all forums.I am asking about announcement section where i can't post the animation. and the editor is like msword minimial out there and there is a button flash with macromedia/Adobe flash symbol in that I can't upload the flash files it says upload. after browse and upload i never saw an file there. To add in message we have to browse server and there some error message "XML request not found" occurs and if specifined file name then file not found occures. all things like flash start and size like controls ae given. I Think they want to add this feature but never tried from aremote machine
    Sunday, May 6, 2007 4:45 AM
  •  to Fredrick _Sahaya_2d3542
    I wnat to post interactive flash content and not add definately.also some things made by me to make announcement more attractive!!! and useful as well. so GiF may not work. Thanks anyway for idea.
    Sunday, May 6, 2007 5:47 AM
  • As I told it is not the correct answer b/c I am not asking about the forum I know the rules of the forum when i join the forum and no flash add button in the editor.
    I am telling about the flash add button in the announcement section if u not seen see it in add announcement section of student rockstar contest page.
        As well Fredrick _Sahaya answer is somewhat relevent.so it is marked as ans
    Monday, May 7, 2007 7:24 AM

All replies

• i think theres somethng else to it, because i am getting 404 error on alert section as well, may be theres some small technical glitch...
    Tuesday, May 1, 2007 9:22 PM
  • yes its true
    Thursday, May 3, 2007 2:09 PM
  • So has it been rectified now?
    Thursday, May 3, 2007 10:04 PM
  • I am not able to understand what you are ting to say m8, please clarify, so that we can help you.
    Friday, May 4, 2007 5:09 AM
  • @ Harish

They were asking for posting the animated files (eg. avertisements). Having problem on uploading the file saying 404 port error.

@ Sarath

Try to post the file as an extensible .swf file or try that as converting to .giff file. I cannot assure but supposing this may be a way.

Regards,

Saturday, May 5, 2007 8:03 AM
  • Nothing other than text and plain HTML is suported in this forums. Images, and other things will just get striped off while you post .
    Saturday, May 5, 2007 1:53 PM
  • * Some Rules*

>You can upload only "Codes" and text in forums.

>You can upload only (.doc, .pdf) files in White paper section.

>You can upload "text" and "images" for announcements.

Any other file will not be entertain!!!

Saturday, May 5, 2007 3:33 PM
  • Thanks  a lot Yogesh.
    Saturday, May 5, 2007 4:37 PM
  • I am not asking about forums section.I know that here only plain text is accepted as in all forums.I am asking about announcement section where i can't post the animation. and the editor is like msword minimial out there and there is a button flash with macromedia/Adobe flash symbol in that I can't upload the flash files it says upload. after browse and upload i never saw an file there. To add in message we have to browse server and there some error message "XML request not found" occurs and if specifined file name then file not found occures. all things like flash start and size like controls ae given. I Think they want to add this feature but never tried from aremote machine
    Sunday, May 6, 2007 4:45 AM
  •  to Fredrick _Sahaya_2d3542
    I wnat to post interactive flash content and not add definately.also some things made by me to make announcement more attractive!!! and useful as well. so GiF may not work. Thanks anyway for idea.
    Sunday, May 6, 2007 5:47 AM
  • im not even able post images in it...
    Sunday, May 6, 2007 3:03 PM
  • i think you should mark yogesh's post as an answer sarath
    Sunday, May 6, 2007 9:35 PM
  • As I told it is not the correct answer b/c I am not asking about the forum I know the rules of the forum when i join the forum and no flash add button in the editor.
    I am telling about the flash add button in the announcement section if u not seen see it in add announcement section of student rockstar contest page.
        As well Fredrick _Sahaya answer is somewhat relevent.so it is marked as ans
    Monday, May 7, 2007 7:24 AM
  • alright man...chill
    Thursday, May 10, 2007 7:49 PM